In 2021, hybrid operational and analytic processing (HOAP) workloads will represent more than 40% of new operational workloads, according to a recent study by 451 Research Group. The blending of operational and analytical systems continues to add value for many organizations, as databases that are designed to support HOAP quickly become mainstream. Beyond the reduction in maintaining a separate transactional and analytical system, hybrid databases enable organizations to carry out analytics on incoming operational data, taking advantage of the 'transaction window,' which, if done right, could be incredibly lucrative.
In this webinar, join our speakers, Matt Aslett, Research Director for the Data Platforms and Analytics Channel at 451 Research, Niv Ingberg, Solution Architect and Technical Product Manager at GigaSpaces for a discussion on:
• An overview of 451 research results on hybrid operational and analytic processing (HOAP)
• The challenges and roadblocks that enterprise companies face and approaches for addressing and overcoming these challenges (component sprawl, maintenance, business application duplication, data consistency, real-time)
• Real-world use cases of how HOAP adds value to organizations in finance, healthcare, energy, transportation, and retail
• Overcoming concerns about analytics impacting transactional processing performance and how organizations can simplify workflow and solve architectural dilemmas
• The GigaSpaces approach: Presenting the InsightEdge Open Source In-Memory software platform, unifying transactional and analytical data in a single strong, consistent transactional layer enabling instant insights to action